Recent Commercial Posts
Christmas Wishes from SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati!
During the holiday season, our thoughts turn gratefully to those that have helped make our accomplishments a reality. We understand that our success in the mold, water, and fire damage restoration industry would not be possible without teamwork. Our dedicated colleagues in the restoration industry, our great team of committed employees, and our trusting customers are all a crucial part of our successes. We truly appreciate the efforts of all those that we work with on a daily basis to help our customers in their times of need. We would like to take this time to say thank you for your continued loyalty and consideration throughout this past year. We sincerely wish that you find peace, joy, hope, and happiness today and in the new year ahead!
Merry Christmas from your friends at SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati!
A Little About How SERVPRO Started...
Did you know that SERVPRO began in 1967 as a painting business in Sacramento, California? Yep, Ted and Doris Isaacson first launched SERVPRO as a painting business! However, having a background in cleaning and restoration, they soon transformed the company into the cleanup and restoration industry, selling its first franchise in 1969.
SERVPRO continued to thrive and in 1979, acquired 175 franchises from the Bristol-Myers Domesticare Division. And in 1988, the SERVPRO headquarters moved from Sacramento to Gallatin, Tennessee. At this time, there were 647 SERVPRO franchises.
SERVPRO continued its impressive growth throughout the years, and in the year 2000, sold its 1000th franchise. In 2005, in order to provide more room for expansion, SERVPRO moved its headquarters to an impressive 140,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility in Gallatin, Tennessee.
Today, more than 1700 franchises are operating nationwide and SERVPRO continues to grow, with the goal of becoming the premier cleaning and restoration company in the world.
Happy Halloween from SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati
We just want to wish all of our valued customers, coworkers, and friends a very happy and safe Halloween! Be cautious and practice safety tips so that a fun night isn’t spoiled by an accident or mishap! Make sure the kids wear reflective tape or stickers and always cross the street in a crosswalk. Makeup and face paint is always safer than masks and carrying flashlights is also a good idea. Make sure costumes are flame-resistant or flame-retardant and keep decorations away from open flames. A battery operated light inside the jack-o-lantern is also a much safer option than a real candle. Be sure to inspect the kids’ candy and throw away anything that is not sealed, homemade, or looks suspicious. And if you must be out driving during trick or treating hours, use extra caution. Drive slower than normal, keeping an eye out for kids darting between cars and into the road. Halloween can be a great time with the kids, dressing up, making decorations and trick-or-treating. Be safe and enjoy the night!
SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati
Avoid Silly Accidents at the Office
Accidents often happen at the office that could be prevented with just a little common sense! Slips and falls frequently cause injury at the office and a little thought and care could help prevent this.
- Before sitting down at your desk, check behind you to make sure your chair hasn’t rolled away!
- If you are carrying something, don’t stack things up so high that you can’t see directly in front of you!
- Proceed with caution if the floor is wet or slippery!
- Don’t read or text while walking!
- Hold the handrail when using stairs!
- When carrying larger items like boxes, use the elevator!
- Close desk and file drawers before walking away to avoid tripping over them!
- Wipe up spills or wet floors in order to prevent slipping!
- Keep floors and aisles clear of electrical cords.
While it may seem easy to follow these tips, often times a hectic day at work can lead to rushing or just overlooking the small things that can be dangerous! Just slowing down a little bit to ensure safety can definitely save time in the future!
Green Means Clean!
SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati is proud to be a part of the EPA’s Design for Environment (EPA/DFE) initiative! This initiative is designed to encourage the use of environmentally friendly or “Green” Cleaning products for all cleaning tasks, thus making our environment a safer place to live!
The SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati cleaning technicians use a Green Clean product for carpet and upholstery cleaning, all surface cleaning and window cleaning. The Carpet and Upholstery cleaner is a “one product does all” cleaner. The All-Surface cleaner is designed for any surface that can be wiped or mopped such as walls, ceilings, countertops, floors, etc. And the Window Cleaner is an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional glass cleaner. These cleaning products are all safe and non-toxic.
SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati understands the potential harm to the environment that harsh cleaning chemicals can cause. We are always looking for ways to reduce these effects and improve our cleaning processes for the betterment of the environment!
Plan Ahead for Emergencies at the Office
Are you prepared for an emergency at the office?
- …have an evacuation plan in the event of a fire?
- …know where the nearest emergency exit is located?
- …have someone appointed to provide direction in the event of an evacuation?
- …practice fire drills at least once a year?
- …know to take the stairs instead of the elevator during disasters?
- …realize that you should move away from windows during a tornado?
- …have specific plans for disasters common to your location? (ie. Earthquakes)
- …have strategies to deal with power outages?
- …have a plan to handle computer network failures?
The safest workplaces are those that plan ahead and prepare before an emergency ever strikes. Take a moment now to evaluate your emergency preparedness at work. Putting just a little time and thought into preparation now can improve your safety later if you find yourself in an emergency at work.
The Message of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Martin Luther King, Jr. was an influential civil rights leader who believed in the power of words and peaceful demonstrations to portray his ideas and beliefs. Each year, on the third Monday of January, we celebrate his life and achievements. While the message of Martin Luther King was mainly about equality and civil rights, there is so much more that can be taken from his examples. He believed very strongly in what he preached, but he never resorted to violence in order to portray his messages. As a matter of fact, he strongly discouraged any forms of violent protesting. Instead, he promoted peace and love for all mankind, using powerful speeches to portray his ideas. In the difficult times that our country has been experiencing lately, this may be one of the most important lessons that we can learn from Martin Luther King. Whatever our cause may be, violence is never the best way to get the support and results we desire. So today let’s remember the words of Martin Luther King, “Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time; the need for mankind to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Mankind must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.” These words definitely stand the test of time.
Tips to Get Through the Holiday Shopping Season
Now that the holiday shopping season is in full swing, shoppers are racing to get the best deals of the season. For many of us, the holiday shopping season is a time of stress and anxiety. How can I possibly stay within my budget and wow everyone with gifts on Christmas morning? Realsimple.com has provided a list of shopping survival tricks to help anxious shoppers get through the holiday season.
- Make a List: Yes, make a list and check it twice! Write down everyone you plan to buy for, including those that you will want to give holiday tips (mail carrier, hair stylist, etc.) Include gift ideas and the maximum amount you are willing to spend. This will help with managing your budget.
- Start Early: Don’t wait until after Thanksgiving to begin your shopping. Keep an open “Christmas gift buying mind” all year long. You just might happen upon the perfect Christmas gift for dad in July!
- Research Online: Research brands or models for particular items online before buying. Read online reviews and feedback for just about anything you are considering. Check price comparison sites to find the best deals available on items you wish to purchase.
- Brave the Black Friday Crowds: The day after Thanksgiving is truly a day for good shopping deals. If you are willing to fight the crowds, you may save some money on Black Friday.
- Take Advantage of Cyber Monday: Cyber Monday is the Monday after Black Friday and is the biggest online shopping day of the season. Most retailers participate by offering discounts on this day so if you have online shopping to do, be sure to check out Cyber Monday.
- Get No Cost Holiday Shipping: Look for Free Shipping deals whenever possible when shopping online for holiday gifts.
This season take the stress out of your holiday shopping. Consider these tips in order to lessen your holiday gift spending and still provide the perfect gifts for your family and friends! Happy Holidays from SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati!
Travel Tips for the Busy Holiday Season
If you are traveling during the holiday season, don’t let the stress of the hustle and bustle get you down. Realize ahead of time that there are millions of others that are also traveling and take steps to help cope with the situations that may arise due to the busy holiday traveling season. Travelchannel.com has provided the following tips to help you survive and calmly get to your destination.
HOLIDAY TRAVEL TIPS
- Do Your Research: Plan alternative routes when traffic gets overwhelming. Maybe there is a more scenic route that might take a little longer but has less traffic. When flying, be sure to check the airline’s restrictions ahead of time. Know the fees for carry-on luggage and checked bags.
- Stay Connected: Load your smartphone with all the latest travel apps before leaving home. There are apps to provide updates on flights, airport lines, cheapest gas, cleanest bathrooms, etc. You name it and there’s probably an app for that!
- Pack Light: If possible, avoid checking bags at the airport altogether.
- Pack Earplugs: The best way to escape stressful surroundings is to escape to a quiet place. Pack earplugs to turn down the crying babies, loud music, or loud talker sitting in the next aisle!
- Pack Snacks & Drinks: It’s more difficult to remain calm and make good decisions when you are hungry and your belly is growling. Always have snacks handy for when the need arises.
- Ship the Gifts or Give Gift Cards: For lighter travel, ship your gifts ahead of time or give gift cards.
- Travel on Off-Peak Days: The day before the holiday is always the most highly traveled. Try traveling on the actual holiday to avoid crowds and traffic.
- Travel Early or Late in the Day: Flights that leave early in the day are on-time more often. And avoid heavier traffic on the highways by traveling by car through the night.
Busy holiday travel is much easier to cope with if it is expected and planned for accordingly. While the hectic crowds and stress may not be completely avoided, one can definitely overcome the challenges by considering these tips when planning travel. Happy Holidays from SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati!
Taking the Time to Say Thanks...
Well, it’s that time of year again to reflect on what we are thankful for! As Thanksgiving approaches, we at SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati would really like to take this time to thank our dedicated employees and trusting customers.
We are very thankful for our dedicated employees. Our office staff and the water and fire crews put in long hours day after day. They are willing to put themselves in messy situations in order to help families and businesses get their lives back in order. They are eager to learn new processes so that we can continue improving on our services to our customers. We are very appreciative of their continual efforts.
We are thankful for our customers. We appreciate the confidence that our customers place in us to help them through their difficult times. From homeowners, to business owners, to agents and adjusters, we appreciate their trust in us to handle the job right.
During the hectic, chaotic times when disaster events are occurring, it is difficult to take the time to give thanks. So for this Thanksgiving season, we want to be sure that our employees and customers know that we appreciate them!
Happy Thanksgiving from SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati!!
Spread Cheer With Kindness This Holiday Season!
The holiday season means time spent with family, enjoying meals together, exchanging gifts, and other family traditions. But the holiday season is also the perfect time to remember the less fortunate and incorporate giving back into your family holiday traditions.
There are many creative ways to give back. And not all acts necessarily involve a large monetary commitment. Here are several great suggestions:
- Leave a note of cheer on someone’s windshield.
- Give a complement each day leading up to the holiday.
- Pay for the order of the person behind you in the drive-thru line.
- Bake cookies and bring them to a nursing home or the fire department.
- Offer time at a local animal shelter to walk dogs or simply spend time with them.
- Purchase a few $5 or $10 gift cards and give them to those that you interact with often like the mailman or a cashier.
- Anonymously pay someone’s layaway.
- Donate the spare change in your car to the Salvation Army on your way into the store.
Even the smallest acts of kindness can have an impact. They can brighten the recipient’s day as well as your own and anyone who witnesses the act. They can have a ripple effect, inspiring others to give as well. These are just a few ideas of ways to spread kindness and joy to others during the holiday season. What can you add to this list?
SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati wishes you a joyous holiday season of giving!
Thank You Veterans...We Appreciate Your Service
SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati would like to take this opportunity to thank our American Veterans!
Veterans Day, November 11th, is a special day set aside to honor American veterans, both living and dead, who have devoted themselves to serve our great country. This day is dedicated to showing our American veterans that we appreciate the sacrifices they have made to preserve the freedom of our country.
Veterans Day is a federal holiday and some Americans will even benefit with time off work or school. As we enjoy this break from the daily grind, we should definitely make an effort to thank veterans and show our appreciation for the sacrifices they have made.
How about sending a note or a card to a veteran either in the hospital or living in a retirement home? A brief, in person visit would be even better! Asking a veteran about his service and just listening to his story is a great way to show appreciation. Attending a Veterans Day event, proudly flying the American flag and donating to a veterans organization are also all ways to show appreciation.
So this year, be sure to remember and appreciate those who have sacrificed to provide our freedom! Find a way to thank a veteran!
SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati Supports The Greater Cincinnati Police Athletic Association
SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati proudly supports The Greater Cincinnati Police Athletic Association. This organization is made up of retired and active Cincinnati Area Police Officers who organize and conduct charity and civic programs in the community. Their goal is to help those in need of food and clothing and additionally, help needy youth sports teams with sponsorships and uniforms.
A few of the programs made possible by The Greater Cincinnati Police Athletic Association include:
- Shop with a Police Officer- enables needy children to purchase Christmas gifts.
- School Clothes for Needy Children - provides needy children with back to school clothes.
- Easter Food Baskets – distributed to churches and needy families.
- Day at the Zoo - allows under-privileged children to enjoy a day at the zoo.
- Sports Sponsorships & Reds Tickets - supplies needy youth sports teams with uniforms and groups of needy children the opportunity to attend a Reds game.
- Drug & Alcohol Prevention Magazine – printing magazine for distribution to schools to educate kids and parents on dangers of drug and alcohol use and preventative strategies.
Many charities in the community benefit from the efforts of The Greater Cincinnati Police Athletic Association. SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati is thrilled to support such a great organization to help the less fortunate children of our community.
Hurricanes Harvey and Irma & the SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team
In late August, the state of Texas was drastically affected by Hurricane Harvey. Billions of dollars of property damage was sustained to homes and businesses throughout the state. And unfortunately, September brought Hurricane Irma to the state of Florida, also leaving a trail of devastation and destruction.
SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati is proud to be a part of the national SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team to help the people whose lives have been disrupted by these natural disasters. Our Disaster Recovery Team is available 365 days a year and is always prepared for the unpredictable. When localized storms overwhelm the local restoration companies, SERVPRO’s Disaster Recovery Team is there to help manage the workload. SERVPRO has mobilization teams across the country to travel as needed, to support recovery after large storm events. With mobilized local command centers, management, crews, equipment and more than 1,650 franchises nationwide, the SERVPRO Franchise System has the ability and the manpower to relocate where needed and help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Our thoughts are with all those affected by the recent hurricanes as well as with all those assisting with the recovery efforts! Our hope is that with everyone working together, it will be a smooth, efficient and successful restoration and recovery process.
Can Your Business Survive if Disaster Strikes?
SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati responds quickly, 24 hours a day/7 days a week if your business is suddenly hit by an emergency or disaster. We have the resources and expertise to handle any size disaster. From a small business building to a large high rise building, we can handle the situation.
According to research, nearly 50% of businesses permanently close following a large disaster. Of the businesses that do survive, the majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. We are always ready to respond when disaster strikes your business, but did you know that we can also help you set up a preparedness plan for your company before disaster strikes?
SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati can help you pre-plan by developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business. With this plan in place, the interruption of your business operations is minimized because you will have an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do in advance of an emergency is key to timely mitigation and can minimize the damage to your company.
Visit https://ready.SERVPRO.com/home/readyprogram to find out more about the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Program! Be “ready for whatever happens.”
A Modern Day Method To Reduce Stress in the Office?
A fidget spinner is a small gadget with ball-bearings that the user can rotate or spin between his finger and thumb. They are being marketed as the modern version of the stress ball, used to relieve anxiety and promote productivity.
How Are They Believed To Work?
Some believe that using the fidget spinner occupies parts of the brain that otherwise would distract the rest of the brain with random thoughts interfering with decision making and productivity. Others believe that body movements are actually part of the thinking process much like doodling or tapping a pen.
The Must-Have Office Toy
According to Forbes, fidget spinners are the must-have office toy of 2017. So for you or that co-worker or cubicle neighbor that constantly pen-clicks, desk-drums or nail bites, maybe pitch the stress ball and try upgrading to a fidget spinner!
What Do You Think? Would a fidget spinner increase productivity at your office?
Was Your Office Included on Your Spring Cleaning List?
When it comes to spring cleaning, most people think of it as referring to their homes. But where do you spend so much of your time during the week? Spring cleaning shouldn’t be just for the home, the workplace can also benefit from a good cleaning! Did you include your office on your spring cleaning list this year?
How about those desk drawers?
Just like your junk drawers at home, filing cabinets can collect a lot of unnecessary items in a year’s time! Take the time to go through your drawers at work. Keep and organize the essential items and throw away the rest!
Are your filing cabinets in order?
After a year of use, does your closet at home stay organized? Many times filing cabinets become disorganized over time. Sort through your papers, organize what you need to keep and throw away or recycle the rest.
What is that stuck between the keys of your keyboard?
After a year of snacking at your desk and dust mites flying, computers and electronics need a good cleaning. Take some time to wipe down monitors and spray your keyboard! Get those crumbs out!
Germs are everywhere!
When was the last time you wiped down your office phone? How about the surfaces of your desk and chair? With so many employees working together, illnesses are bound to spread! Use disinfectant spray and wipes to keep those germs away!
Spring is finally here and it is time to start fresh, declutter and organize. So open the office windows, take a breath of fresh air and rejuvenate your workspace with a good spring cleaning!
PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS FROM DISASTER
Many business owners are caught off guard when disaster strikes. Thinking that it would never happen to them or never even considering the possibility of a disaster, they fail to have a plan in place for their business. Unfortunately, many times, once disaster strikes, it’s too late. Many businesses are forced to close permanently after disaster because they were not prepared.
According to foxbusiness.com, there are 7 steps you can take if you are a small business owner to help protect your business from disaster.
- Risk Assessment: Determine what types of emergencies are most likely to affect your company and then evaluate your level of preparedness. Check in with your insurance company, make sure employees are trained for emergencies, have data backed up and stored at a safe location.
- Review Your Insurance Coverage: Talk with your insurance agent to make sure your business is covered if hit by disaster. After determining what types of emergencies your business is most prone to, make sure your policy covers those particular types of situations. Ask about business interruption insurance which helps business owners continue to pay on-going bills while operations are shut down during disaster recovery.
- Create a Contingency Plan: Review your business operations and determine which are most important for the survival of your business. Form a process to manage these functions in the event of a disaster. Determine an alternate business location where business operations can continue during the recovery process.
- Create a Communications Plan: Disasters create chaos and having a communications plan in place in advance will help minimize panic.
- Back Up Your Data: Making sure all your data is backed up and stored in a safe place is critical. Cloud-based data solutions are best as they stay safe during disasters and can be accessed from any location.
- Build An Emergency Kit: Have an emergency kit available on site including items like water, flashlights, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Review and Rehearse You Plan: Once your plan is in place, make sure your employees know the plan and have practiced implementing it.
While disasters can be devastating to a business, preparation can definitely help in the recovery process. By taking action before disaster strikes and getting a plan in place, business owners can help protect their business in times of emergencies.
A Little Lesson on the ABC's of SERVPRO
It's Back-to-School time. And with the spirit of the back-to-school season, SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati would like to offer the following lesson on the ABC’s of SERVPRO…
A - Air: SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati inspects heating, ventilation and air conditioning units (HVAC). Keeping them clean can extend the life of the equipment. This can in turn save you money and give you cleaner air to breathe.
B – Biohazard: Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati is trained to safely remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
C - Commercial Services: Cleaning and restoring commercial properties require a unique blend of training, experience, and equipment. SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati has the resources and expertise to give you excellent results while minimizing the disruption to your clients.
D - Disaster Recovery: The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help whether you're dealing with a tornado, hurricane, blizzard or flood. The SERVPRO System has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you.
E – Equipment: In the event of water damage, expert knowledge and state of the art equipment are paramount for effective drying and restoration. Trained SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati professionals use exceptional equipment and expertise to first create an environment favorable for drying and then to extract and eliminate moisture from the structure.
F - Fire Damage: SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati has the specialized fire and water damage cleanup and restoration training and experience to quickly restore your home to pre-fire condition. We also have specific training and equipment for odor removal and deep cleaning of upholstery and carpet.
G – Guidelines: As one of the nation's leading providers of restoration services, SERVPRO has developed the most extensive performance guidelines in the industry. These guidelines assure you receive the best restoration service in the industry.
H - Highly Trained: In addition to training at the regional level, SERVPRO developed the National Training Center to teach restoration and mitigation skills to Franchise Owners, employees, and insurance industry employees.
I - Insurance Services: SERVPRO strives to maximize the satisfaction of insurance companies and customers by developing and managing business-to-business relationships within the insurance industry.
J – Job: No job is too large for SERVPRO to handle. Our elite large-loss specialists are prequalified and strategically positioned throughout the United States to handle any size disaster.
K – Knowledge: SERVPRO professionals are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are highly trained in property damage restoration, from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certification.
L – Local: SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati is a locally owned and operated business. We live and work in this community too, so we are close by and ready to respond immediately when you need cleaning or restoration services.
M – Mold: Any home or commercial property can quickly become infested with mold if a source of water is present. And mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48 hours. If mold is found, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
N - National Network: SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati is part of a national network of over 1,650 Franchises, which allows us to respond quicker with more resources.
O - Odor Removal: As experts in deodorization, SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati Professionals are trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors.
P - Property Restoration: Restoring property is the first priority of SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati. Customers appreciate the immediate response and should know that everything is being done to limit the damage.
Q - Quick Response: In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
R - Restore First: SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati Professionals clean and restore property using specialized equipment and cleaning techniques. Their “restore first” mentality reduces interruption and gets customers back to their life.
S - Storm Damage: Storms occur with little warning and can be devastating. Regardless of the type of storm, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can handle any size disaster. During catastrophic storms and major events, our Disaster Recovery Team can respond quickly with additional resources.
T – Trusted: SERVPRO is a Trusted Leader in the industry with over 1,650 Franchises.
U - Upholstery Cleaning: Upholstery and carpet materials vary dramatically. The SERVPRO System offers a number of cleaning options to match any type of upholstery or carpet.
V – Vandalism: SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati will act quickly to remove vandalism and graffiti from home and commercial spaces. In addition to removing spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, we can also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry.
W – Water Removal: Professionals at SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati are water removal and cleanup specialists and are ready to help when flooding or water leaks cause water damage. Crews quickly dry the property using state-of-the-art water removal equipment and advanced drying techniques, documenting the drying process to make sure the property is dry and the job is done right.
X – eXtraction: Water extraction removes the majority of the water from the home or property. By performing a thorough water extraction, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals help reduce the drying time which helps to prevent mold and secondary water damage.
Y - Your Peace of Mind: The goal of SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati is to restore both the customer’s property and their peace of mind through timely mitigation.
Z – oZone: SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati uses commercial grade ozone machines to eliminate odors in spaces. Ozone machines efficiently and effectively break down organic matter, killing the odor at its source.