Simple Ways to Give Back this Holiday Season
The holiday season is a time that many try to remember those that are less fortunate and incorporate giving back into their holiday traditions. There are many creative ways to give back, and a large monetary commitment is not always necessary.
Here are several simple but great suggestions:
- Leave a note of cheer on someone’s windshield.
- Give a complement each day leading up to the holiday.
- Bake cookies and bring them to a nursing home or the fire department.
- Offer time at a local animal shelter to walk dogs or simply spend time with them.
- Purchase a few $5 or $10 gift cards and give them to those that you interact with often like the mailman or a cashier.
- Anonymously pay someone’s layaway.
- Donate the spare change in your car to the Salvation Army on your way into the store.
Even the smallest acts of kindness can have an impact. They can brighten the recipient’s day as well as your own and anyone who witnesses the act. They can have a ripple effect, inspiring others to give as well. SERVPRO of Northeast Cincinnati wishes you a joyous holiday season of giving!